For further guidance to our Board-approved Collection Development Policy, the Reference Services Committee and the Collection Development Department have created the following guidelines for eResource selection (and de-selection), https://intranet.sno-isle.org/?ID=3906:
Reference and Collection Development staff selects electronic resources and services based on the needs of the community and the following selection criteria. Library user suggestions are also an influencing factor in selection.
Specific Selection Criteria for Electronic Resources & Services:
- Provision of a unique service or collection of resources.
- Patron demand and use.
- Licensing restrictions and availability of remote access.
- Timeliness of service, support and content updates.
- Compatibility with Sno-Isle Libraries technology infrastructure.
- Compatibility with Sno-Isle Libraries cataloging and MARC record use.