The following is the schedule of availability as we migrate to BusinessDecision 2.0.
PLEASE NOTE: due to the migration BusinessDecision will not be available 12/31/09 through 1/3/10.
- Access to the legacy version of BusinessDecision (what you are currently using) will end on 12/30/09.
- Access to BusinessDecision 2.0 will begin on 1/4/2010.
- The transition to BusinessDecision 2.0 will be completely seamless for you. You will not need to change anything on your website. Your current link to BusinessDecision will automatically direct end-users to BusinessDecision 2.0.
- The first time end-users log on, they will be prompted to reconfirm their account by using their e-mail address as their username, and to create a new password.
- We are working on migrating all projects created between July 2009 and December 2009.
- Thematic maps will not be available on 1/4/2010. CIVICTechnologies is dependent upon delivery of code from ESRI to enable us to make thematic maps available to our end-users. Once we receive the necessary code from ESRI we will provide a delivery date for thematic maps.
- ESRI has informed us that thematic maps will require the use of Microsoft’s Silverlight. Therefore, Silverlight will eventually need to be installed on library computers using BusinessDecision 2.0. Silverlight can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/default.aspx.
- Geographic coverage is likely to be set to National coverage for a few weeks for all BusinessDecision customers to avoid potential problems during migration. Once the migration is complete in mid- to late-January we will reset your unique geographic coverage (if you have National coverage it will just remain that way).
BusinessDecision 2.0 Training
Training will be held at 8:00 a.m. Pacific and 1:00 p.m. Pacific every day during the week of January 4. Registration for training is required. Click here to register for one of the training sessions.
We at CIVICTechnologies wish you and everyone one at your library a very happy holiday season and we look forward to sharing the new features and capabilities of BusinessDecision with you and your patrons in the New Year. We will have a list of all the new features available when you log on January 4, 2010.