Gale In Context resources launched last weekend to replace their corresponding Resource Centers. You will now automatically see:
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context instead of Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
- U.S. History in Context instead of History Resource Center: U.S.
- World History in Context instead of History Resource Center: World
The Gale In Context experience will build collaboration between librarians, patrons, students and educators while supporting 21st-century skill development with quality content and engaging functionality including:
- The acclaimed content for which Gale is known — including more than 4,700 unique titles
- Engaging, highly-relevant and media-rich content delivered in context through more than 1,800 Web-like portal pages
· Media-rich content, including images, audio, video, maps and interactive resources
· Search Assist and “Did you mean?” technology
· Enhanced display of search results
· Read Speaker text-to-speech technology and ability to adjust font size—available on every page
· Document translator allows translation of any document into French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Italian, Portuguese, simplified Chinese, and Korean
· Web 2.0 sharing allows linking through hundreds of popular social networks and bookmarking tools
· The ability to print, e-mail, download, and bookmark items
· Citation tools mapped to MLA7 and APA6 standards
Additional Features Added to Biography in Context
Biography in Context is now slated to launch in late-August/early-September. Biography in Context will be enhanced to include the following features/benefits:
- Hundreds of hand-crafted portals pages and enhanced search display to provide comprehensive results on high-interest figures
- Biography-specific search box at the top of every page allows users to search by person, occupation, birth/death date and more with just one-click
- Enhanced person search results page will default sort by relevance and allow additional sort fields by occupation, birth date and death date
InfoMarks linking to documents in Resource Centers WILL automatically be redirected to the same document in the new In Context environment. InfoMarks linking to search results will redirect to the homepage of the In Context resource.
This product enhancement that will help ensure a seamless transition for you and your users.
Exciting Enhancements Coming Soon
In late-August/early-September, all Gale In Context products will be enhanced to include the following features not currently available in our the Resource Centers.
- Interactive maps in all products (at launch, only Opposing Viewpoints will feature this technology)
- Customizable order of content bucket types on portal pages
- Customizable homepage news
- Ability to turn off Lexile reading levels
- Ability to turn off ReadSpeaker
- Support for RIS citation format (standard format for all 3rd party citation services)
- A prompt for the user to execute a new search when redirected from an expired search InfoMark
The titles of these resources have already been changed on the Sno-Isle Libraries site, so please look for the new names!