We’ve been keeping a close eye on our renewals for this product for the past couple of years. Based on decreasing usage statistics and a desire to renew subscriptions for products that are showing increased use, Sno-Isle Libraries will not renew our subscription to Marquis Who’s Who in February 2012. We will have access until our contract expiration on 2/24/2012.
After a hearty round of negotiations by Terry Beck, EBSCO offered to continue our current package subscription at no addition cost in 2012. That means the following products will continue to be available for Sno-Isle Libraries customers through 12/31/2012:
- Academic Search Premier
- Biography Reference Center
- Business Source Premier
- Consumer Health Complete
- Funk & Wagnells New World Encyclopedia
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- History Reference Center
- Legal Information Reference Center
- LIterary Reference Center
- Magazine Article Summaries (MAS) Ultra School Edition
- MasterFILE Premier
- Middle Search Plus
- Military and Government Collection
- Newspaper Source
- Points of View Reference Center
- Primary Search
- Professional Development Collection
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Sociological Collection
- Vocational and Career Collection
- Computer Source
- Psychology and Behavior Sciences Collection
“Leveraging LinkedIn For Career Development!“
With Career Management Expert Miriam Salpeter
LinkedIn is the most useful and widely used social media site for job seekers and professionals. In fact, a recent survey revealed that LinkedIn is involved in over 73% of hiring influenced by social media.
Understanding how to use LinkedIn effectively is crucial in today’s job market! The expert tips and tricks Miriam covers in this special presentation will help job seekers and professionals of all levels.
Attendees will learn:
Librarians and Career Counselors: Don’t miss this chance to help your patrons and students work towards their goals. This webinar is a valuable way to spend an hour before the holidays!
| Register here today:
Please send your questions, comments and feedback on the webinar series to: email@example.com.
*After registering you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing information about joining the Webinar.
Space is limited!
The Job & Career Accelerator™ team at LearningExpress, LLC
The Fast Track to Getting Hired!
U.S. Border Patrol Fiscal Year Apprehension Statistics
News release: “U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) today released year-end data on fiscal year (FY) 2011 border enforcement and management efforts, highlighting trends that reflect the Administration’s ongoing commitment to securing the border and facilitating legitimate trade and travel through targeted operations, enhanced partnerships and unprecedented deployment of personnel, technology and infrastructure along the border…U.S. Border Patrol apprehensions—a key indicator of illegal immigration—decreased to 340,252 in FY 2011, down 53 percent since FY 2008 and one fifth of what they were at their peak in FY 2000. Of these apprehensions, 87,334 people had a record in the FBI’s Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System, a law enforcement database of individuals with criminal charges and convictions.”
Always a surprise or two on this list:
- Test and Assess Your IQ: Numerical, Verbal, and Spatial Aptitude Tests 2008
- Grow Organic 2008
- IQ and Aptitude Tests 2007
- Test and Assess Your Brain Quotient: Discover Your True Intelligence with Tests of Aptitude, Logic, Memory, EQ, Creative and Lateral Thinking 2009
- The Basics of Biology 2004
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder 2009
- Allergies Sourcebook e4 2011
- Ethiopia 2011
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Science, 4th ed.
- Business Plans Handbook v16 2011
ProQuest® will be performing infrastructure maintenance on December 3, 2011. A twelve (12) hour maintenance window will be required for this maintenance. The window will take place from Saturday, December 3, 2011, at 7:00pm to Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 7:00am. All products on the new ProQuest platform will be unavailable.