With our new site in preview and ready to launch soon, we have been given the opportunity to also make adjustments to our Databases & Research pages for the better. A first round of user studies has been completed and their participation gave us great insight into what our customers cannot (& sometimes can!) find there.
Please use this post to add your comments about what you would like to see considered or changed in Databases & Research. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- On subject pages, sort resources by type, putting our subscription resources at the top and public websites at the bottom
- Add a customized informational introductory subject-specific header created by a subject specialist librarian to each subject page.
- Consolidate “Books & Literature” subject with other pages about “Books”.
- Use topic ads with action words like, “Power of Attorney Form Here”, “Fix Your Car”, “Study for the SAT Now”, & “Do Your Family History Research Here”.
- Simplify any text to 15 words or less.
- Highlight the Top Ten Databases (usage).
- Add some subjects like, “House & Garden”, “Business & Economics”, “Grants & Fundraising”.
- Add video tutorials, webinar links, and vendor user guides to resources.
Don’t hesitate to make a suggestion! The more ideas for our Reference Services Committee to review and make suggestions to IPRS for final decision-making.
We need you to participate – thank you! Any Questions? Christa Werle, x7160.