Research Page Changes Coming Soon to a Browser Near You!
Over the summer months, the Reference Services Committee, Web Services, and Community Relations have been working from user comments and studies to make our Research page more accessible to the adult user while highlighting our subscription resources.
In early September, please expect to see the following changes coming live:
- Like the Kids and Teen pages, the Research button on the home page will not display a menu when you click on it. Instead, users will land on a Research page.
- The subject categories have been narrowed from 34 to 12.
- Each subject page will focus on highlighting our subscription resources, our eRef collection (Gale Virtual Reference Library), and our librarians.
- Recommended Websites will display the best of the best in a sidebar location.
- Links to Advanced Search (EBSCO Integrated Search), All Databases A to Z, Homework Help, and Magazines & Newspapers will be available on every Research and Subject page.
It is a main goal of our Research pages to reach the adult researcher or life-long learner. The Homework Help page, Kids Homework Help, and Teen Homework Resources pages are also being evaluated/revised by a Student Resources Web Team.
We are excited about the simplification of the site and the opportunity to highlight our information services. Any questions? Please feel free to comment here or contact Christa Werle, x7160. Thank you!